campusCATALYST is an independent 501(c)(3) that partners with universities to engage college students, supported by business school mentors, in high-impact pro-bono consulting for nonprofit organizations.
Theory of Change
In the Chicago area alone, over 5,000 college students are pursuing degrees in business, economics, social policy and other related fields. In the classroom, these future leaders are honing their minds to address the social ills of tomorrow; however, campusCATALYST believes that they can and should take action today.
With a support network of the country’s top professors, business school students, and professional consultants as mentors, students will not only be able to provide tangible solutions for nonprofits, but they will be able to take part in a rich social entrepreneurship experience. Through program participation, campusCATALYST hopes to demonstrate to students how career and commitment to community can be one and the same.
campusCATALYST’s aims are three-fold:
- Provide student leaders with the tools and opportunity to drive change
- Improve nonprofits’ capacity and effectiveness
- Create a more coherent social service network in communities
We accomplish this by:
- Increasing student exposure to and engagement in the social sector
- Cultivating cross-sectoral leaders
- Empowering students to be agents of social change
- Building capacity of local nonprofits
- Bridging the gap between undergraduate students and MBA candidates
- Connecting students with professional community
- Connecting nonprofits to one another
By the end of the 2009-2010 academic year, cC will have engaged nearly 400 college students, 85 MBA mentors and 75 nonproﬁt clients, generating nearly $600,000 worth of pro-bono investment in the Chicago area.